Project Milap!

Posted by Heena Golecha On Friday, September 14, 2012 2 comments

No matter how much people hate you. It does not matter how much of an anti- social you are. Because the younger ones at home are always going to look up to you. Definitely in my case; if not yours. The piece that you are going to have a read off is a perfect example of influence. Just speak a few high funda Angrezi words and there you go! they are flattered. I flattered my sister so much so that she thought I was the perfect person for the interview she had to take, as part of her school assignment. The interview had to be of a person whom she looked up to in her life.Now that makes me feel like a star(at least in the assignments).

Here are a few excerpts from the interview...

She first starts with the introduction (which makes me feel so happy about my existence). Then, she begins her rapid fire.
Q1:  You always tell me things I cannot imagine to think off. I find you really weird most of the times. So what makes you have opinions which people cannot relate to at all? 

(This question took me by surprise. It felt like as if I was being made fun off. and when you are angry, you do not realize but you actually use all of your energy. I did and this what I came up with.)

Ans: Oh come on now...its really O.K to have a very individualistic opinion...would u like it if I collected   hundred other people who say that they hate you? not a good feeling right?

 Q2:  I find you at home all the time. There are times when I so wish you are not at home. But this wish of mine never gets granted. What makes you not socialize much/ why do you live in self- isolation?

(I thought i was popular but, Oh lord! She knew how much of a loner I was!)

Ans: what is isolation? is it just staying in a group for the society to not term us as loners and still feeling apart (or) staying alone but a bit more complete than the others staying in a herd?

Q3: Who according to you is not a good friend?

(She always wanted to pinch me right there at the tiniest place of my heart by saying that I hardly spoke on phone. I should surrender my phone to dad. She simply meant to say that I was a friendless soul!)

Ans: I am sure you do not read books at all because I always see you gossiping around with people. I would want to quote a wise saying of an author who thinks, "A friend to all is a friend to none!". And you lame lass, that is what I try to follow. also, someone has truly said, "I have had enough of acquaintances. Now, I look for a golden heart". 

She gave me a smile. A very assuring smile as if she agreed to what I said. And this was the first smile without a hint of mockery and insult that she carried all the time I had seen her smile at me!

Q4: So you are doing your Journalism. Must be really busy. Ain't you? What do you have to say on what uncle Y's words which go something like this..." journalism is a course where you only have to do "blah blah blah"!! what is your take on that?

Ans: I thought of defending ..but then I thought; probably they find it blah blah blah for they don understand the language we are talking in..chuckle..positive thinking you see!

Q5: You listen to music only when you breathe. What is your state of mind when you are listening to music?

Ans: Winning inspires me..losing aspires me...winning and losing are like the seasons we ought to face. But I know that in the midst of fury, I need to sing, sing and sing; for music is my messiah and I seek for a refuge in it when there are tremors in the thoughts of my mind! That is why i listen to music all the time.

Q6: How was your summer internship at Mumbai? 

Ans: Who is in my life now and who is not, who hurt me and who did not, who is my close friend and who is the best , what I have to do in life and what not!I thought these were of much importance. But this city taught me that living this moment is of prime importance. Mumbai life is a struggle. If u successfully live the present, its like u have achieved something! And trust me, its worthwhile!

Q7: Who is your favorite actor? 

Ans: One of the most inspiring actor of all times would be ME. I don remember when I have been myself last. It has to be. People are the other actors that I like.  
  
(I felt the most comfortable silence with her. An invisible bond was being knitted. What started as an explosion of hatred was slowly changing its course like a silent wave- swaying, crystal clear river almost reaching its tributary.)

Q8: Who do you listen to? Mind or the heart? Who is your master?
Ans: whats on my mind and whats in my heart. They are in my body though they are apart. So much of contradiction they have against each other! Wish there was just the mind or just the heart,rather! 

Q9: Who do you look up to?

Ans: I can get inspired even by you. Every time I look at a person I have something to learn. Yesterday I was reading about Aung San Suu kii and looking at the situation in Burma, the political atrocities, THE VIOLENCE, I now understand how great a person Aung San Suu Kii is. Burma clearly depicts a scene of the world worse than hell!Its indeed true...depressions have become a birth right! Like it or not -you shall have it!

Q10: What is love according to you?

Ans: At times, I feel, does love ever die? or did it ever exist? what am I looking for when i want love? Is love an over- rated definition or is love something very petite and thats what all it is?does love ever die? or did it ever exist? what are we looking for in people? Is love an over rated definition or is love something very petite and that is all what it is?

She ends her questionnaire and leaves the place. This interview thought me how important it was to communicate. Nobody is ever going to know until we tell them what is on our mind. We fail to realize how much we are missing by not communicating.  I always felt humiliated when she mocked at me. Not that I do not feel it now. we still have our own sat fights but today, it makes much more sense when we fight. we first fought about space, burgers, pizza, car keys...today, we fight about the rising poverty. Today we feel that the soldiers of the opposite regiment have also sacrificed their lives and  not just our Indian Bhailog.



 


 




2 comments:

Sinduja said...

Heyyy...

Very nice interview. On first glance, it might seem like a string of random, casual, time-pass questions but somehow your answers and your briefing about the relationship you share with her, made the whole affair a very intense and spiritual process.

It was nice knowing you through this short interview. I find your rapport with this sister very intriguing.

Good to see you back to writing after so long. Please continue and sustain this beautiful mode of profound expression.

Heena Golecha said...

hey...thanks a lot for your compliment. yes...i am back to writing and will keep stretching my boundaries of limits so that i can get deep felt ideas to write...

Post a Comment